Volkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
Volkswagen Motorsport India's latest offering, as part of their customer sport programme, is a racecar that conforms to the TC4-A regulation. Two Volkswagen Ventos have been built to fulfil the FMSCI's new regulations, in an attempt to bring more modern machinery into the domestic motorsport scene.
The two Volkswagen Vento TC4-A regulation racecars will be piloted by Karthik Tharani and Ishan Dodhiwala (former champions in VW Motorsport India's single-make series) in the 2018 National Racing Championship. The feedback that these two drivers provide VW Motorsport India will help them further develop the cars and get them to a competitive level.
Sirish Vissa, head of Volkswagen Motorsport India said, "We have started development on our race spec Volkswagen Vento cars with the new set TC4-A regulations by FMSCI. As part of the testing phase, our two test cars will be driven in this year's National Championship season."
Tharani has worked as a development driver for the Ameo Cup racecar, and his feedback on the Vento TC4-A machine will be crucial.
The TC4-A regulations are based on the current Indian Touring Car (ITC) regulations, that feature turbocharged racecars up to 2000cc. The new regulations specify the minimum weight of the racecar as 1150kg, while the and the turbo inlet restrictor is meant to be 30mm. The Vento TC4-A is powered by a 1.8-litre TSI engine, mated to a 3MO sequential gearbox with a manual gearshift lever.
Commenting about the performance of the test cars, Mr. Vissa said, "With the limitation of an inlet restrictor, harnessing maximum power from the engine is an added challenge. However, our technical development team is working hard to overcome these obstacles and provide a thoroughbred race car for the future."
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350