Volkswagen Passat BlueMotion Concept debuts at Detroit 2014
The new Passat BlueMotion concept was showcased at the Detroit Show 2014. While still instantly recognisable as a Passat, the headlamps and fog lamps both have been significantly altered. But the talking point of the Passat BlueMotion concept car is not the looks or interiors. It is about the new 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine which makes 150PS but has cylinder deactivation technology.
2014 Volkswagen BlueMotion Concept
Like big V8 engines, the TSI engine shuts down two cylinders when the car is coasting or in low load conditions. The dual-clutch transmission decouples the wheels from the engine in the said above condition and this helps the big Volkswagen to achieve a very impressive 17.85kmpl in the US cycle. Future VW vehicles may come integrated with this technology as the German carmaker is looking to incorporate this especially with the claimed fuel savings.
Volkswagen Dune Beetle Concept
Other cars which Volkswagen showcased at Detroit were Dune Beetle- a 21st century version of the Baja Beetle with a taller and wider stance. Volkswagen have given it 19-inch wheels which add to its beefed up look. The spoiler at the back of the Dune Beetle doubles as a ski rack as well. Volkswagen still hasn't decided if they will like to put the BlueMotion or even the Dune Beetle for production.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?