Volkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
Buyers of the Volkswagen Passat sedan can now have their cars with the Volkswagen Connect advanced diagnostics and telematics solution. Prices of the Passat with this function are Rs Rs 25.99 lakhs for the Comfortline variant and Rs 28.99 lakh for the Highline variant.
The 'Connect' app lets users connect their smartphones to their car through a 'plug and play' dongle fitted to the on-board diagnostics set-up of the car. This is setup via Bluetooth and once connected allows users to access detailed telemetry like trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, driving behaviour, location sharing, making an SOS call and booking a service appointment. The Connect app is available on both Android and iOS.
Mechanically, the Passat remains unchanged and continues to be powered by the sole diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre diesel engine puts out 177PS and 350Nm. This is mated to a six-speed twin-clutch automatic.
With the age of the connected car upon, this solution is a good, affordable option to keep us informed about our car and have access to information on it, much like other objects around us.
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.5 Lakhs
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India