Volkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
Buyers of the Volkswagen Passat sedan can now have their cars with the Volkswagen Connect advanced diagnostics and telematics solution. Prices of the Passat with this function are Rs Rs 25.99 lakhs for the Comfortline variant and Rs 28.99 lakh for the Highline variant.
The 'Connect' app lets users connect their smartphones to their car through a 'plug and play' dongle fitted to the on-board diagnostics set-up of the car. This is setup via Bluetooth and once connected allows users to access detailed telemetry like trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, driving behaviour, location sharing, making an SOS call and booking a service appointment. The Connect app is available on both Android and iOS.
Mechanically, the Passat remains unchanged and continues to be powered by the sole diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre diesel engine puts out 177PS and 350Nm. This is mated to a six-speed twin-clutch automatic.
With the age of the connected car upon, this solution is a good, affordable option to keep us informed about our car and have access to information on it, much like other objects around us.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh