Volkswagen Polo-based T-Cross SUV spied undisguised
Volkswagen AG, through its subsidiary Skoda Auto India, had recently announced its elaborate India 2.0 plan for the country. Under this plan, a major part is the VW MQB-A0-IN small car platform. The first car we can expect from this platform will be a small Skoda SUV by 2020. Now, the Volkswagen T-Cross SUV, underpinned by a European version of the MQB-A0 platform, has just been spotted completely undisguised. It shows us the shape of things to come. The VW T-Cross SUV may spurn a smaller sub-4m version for India as well. This may also suggest, more or less, the basic design outline for the upcoming Skoda SUV.
The test mule of the T-Cross SUV features stickers for the front and rear lamps, as well as some other details including the garnish on the bash plates. However, the stickers indicate a design that appears close to the T-Cross Breeze convertible concept showcased at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The T-Cross SUV also retains a strong resemblance to its larger stablemates, the Tiguan and new Touareg.
And while the T-Cross will be the entry SUV for the VW brand, it is more than just a crossover version of the Polo hatchback. It has a squared-off look but elements such as the connected tail lamp from the concept may or may not make it to the production version. But with the flexible MQB-A0 platform, the T-Cross will have the option of various engines, at least in the international markets.
While the T-Cross will be officially revealed in production form later this year, the Indian version with a sub-4m length can be expected by 2019-20. It will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, and the Ford EcoSport here, apart from the recently spied Hyundai QXi SUV.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review