Volkswagen release details of the 2013 Beetle TDI
Volkswagen has revealed details about their new Beetle TDI, ahead of its official unveiling at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show on February 8-9. The Beetle will sport the same 2.0-litre TDI engine which is under the hoods of both the Passat and the Jetta. This 2.0-litre diesel motor will produce 141PS of power and 320Nm of torque. Customers get to choose between a dual-clutch and a 6-speed manual transmission.
Feature-wise and visually, the Beetle TDI will be identical to its petrol counterparts and VW claims that it will deliver an overall fuel efficiency of 14.45kmpl. The Beetle gets a diesel variant after a hiatus of six years and we expect it to go on sale in the US by mid-2012.
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip