Volkswagen rolls out the first Ameo from Pune plant
The first Volkswagen Ameo rolled off the production line today. This marks Volkswagen's debut in the compact sedan segment and will take on established rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Honda Amaze. The Volkswagen Ameo was first revealed at the 2016 Auto Expo in Delhi. The manufacturing plant is located in Chakan, Pune.
Volkswagen has invested close to Rs 5,720 crore in the Chakan plant since its establishment in 2007, with around Rs 720 crore invested for the development of the Ameo, which includes specialised equipment as well as bumping up production rates. Volkswagen has also added a third shift to help hit the projected production rates for the Ameo, due to strong demand. The first Ameo to roll of the production line is clad in Silk Blue paint and has a 1.2-litre MPI motor.
"This day marks an important event in the journey of Volkswagen India. The Ameo symbolises yet another first as it has specifically been created for the Indian customers," said Andreas Lauermann, president and managing director, Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd.
The Volkswagen Ameo is available in two engine options - a 3-cylinder petrol unit and a 4-cylinder diesel unit. The petrol burner is a 1.2-litre MPI engine producing 75PS and 110Nm of torque, while the diesel option is a 1.5-litre TDI engine producing 90PS and 230Nm of torque. The Ameo comes with ABS and dual front airbags as standard on all variants.
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019