Volkswagen rolls out the first Ameo from Pune plant
The first Volkswagen Ameo rolled off the production line today. This marks Volkswagen's debut in the compact sedan segment and will take on established rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Honda Amaze. The Volkswagen Ameo was first revealed at the 2016 Auto Expo in Delhi. The manufacturing plant is located in Chakan, Pune.
Volkswagen has invested close to Rs 5,720 crore in the Chakan plant since its establishment in 2007, with around Rs 720 crore invested for the development of the Ameo, which includes specialised equipment as well as bumping up production rates. Volkswagen has also added a third shift to help hit the projected production rates for the Ameo, due to strong demand. The first Ameo to roll of the production line is clad in Silk Blue paint and has a 1.2-litre MPI motor.
"This day marks an important event in the journey of Volkswagen India. The Ameo symbolises yet another first as it has specifically been created for the Indian customers," said Andreas Lauermann, president and managing director, Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd.
The Volkswagen Ameo is available in two engine options - a 3-cylinder petrol unit and a 4-cylinder diesel unit. The petrol burner is a 1.2-litre MPI engine producing 75PS and 110Nm of torque, while the diesel option is a 1.5-litre TDI engine producing 90PS and 230Nm of torque. The Ameo comes with ABS and dual front airbags as standard on all variants.
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa