Volkswagen shows E-Bugster concept at 2012 North American International Auto Show
Volkswagen displayed a two-seater Beetle concept named as E-Bugster at the2012 North American International Auto Show. VW also displayed the new Jetta Hybrid.
The name for the E-Bugster literally means an electric Bug (Bug is the traditional nickname that the Americans use for the Beetle). The E-Bugster gets flared fenders, 20-inch wheels, lots of chrome and a uniquely shaped daytime running LED lamps. The interiors get an energy consumption display in place of the tachometer. Also part of the standard fare is a display showing intensity of battery regeneration, driving range indicator and battery charge state. The E-Bugster has an 115.58PS electric motor which generates 269.8NM of torque. The claimed driving range with the Li-ion battery is 160km. VW says that this electric drive unit labelled as "Blue-e-motion," will eventually make its way into future products from VW stables.
Meanwhile, the Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid gets a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to an electric motor and a 7-speed dual clutch transmission. VW claims that the new Jetta Hybrid will do 0-100kmph in less than 9 seconds and at the same time average 19.13km on a combined figure. In pure electric mode, it will achieve a claimed top speed of 70kmph.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip