Volkswagen T-Roc: What can you expect?
Volkswagen 2.0 had set course in 2018 with a vision of revamping the group's sales performance in the Indian market and the first new product to be launched under its aegis is the Volkswagen T-Roc SUV. It is a compact premium SUV and will compete for its own space in the now highly competitive segment that is spread across the spectrum from the Renault Duster to the Hyundai Creta, the Kia Seltos, the MG Hector, Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass.
The five-seat crossover SUV is based on the global MQB platform and will be imported to India as a completely built unit (CBU). So, you can expect it to be priced at about Rs 20 lakh and Volkswagen is pitching it as a lifestyle product and create a space for its MQB-A0-IN platform based SUV to be launched in due course of time. Volkswagen has already received almost 300 bookings for the T-Roc.
Since it is a premium product, we expect T-Roc to be introduced in the higher trims with a panoramic sunroof, premium leather upholstery, automatic climate control, push-button start and might also get electrically adjustable driver seat. It will also get the 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard and might get the 10-inch screen for the digital instrument cluster as well.
In terms of safety the T-Roc will be offered with six airbags, ABS, ESP, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and reverse parking camera. Powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that produces 150PS of power and 250Nm of torque it will come paired to a seven-speed dual clutch DSG gearbox only and will get driving modes.
Starts Rs 19.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!