Volkswagen Tiguan X coupe-SUV leaked ahead of debut
A set of photos have been leaked online of the Volkswagen Tiguan X. The Tiguan X is the coupe-SUV derivative of the Tiguan SUV and is aimed primarily towards the Chinese market. The sleek SUV is set to be unveiled in China later this year.
The front of the Tiguan X remains largely in line with the recently revealed Tiguan facelift. The biggest change is the heavily raked roofline from after the B-pillar. The glasshouse also tapers in here and ends in a high rear notchback. At the rear, there is a subtle lip to the end of the boot, while the taillamps take heavy inspiration from the hexagonal elements seen on modern Lamborghinis like the Urus. Lastly, there is a dual-layer, ornamental rear diffuser with a full-width light strip built-in.
View this post on Instagram
No photos are available of the interior but we expect it to carry the changes seen on the facelifted Tiguan. These include a new steering wheel with capacitive controls. Also new is the MIB 3 infotainment system and new touch-operated climate-control panel.
Given that the Chinese market is largely served by petrol engines. We expect the Volkswagen Tiguan X to be a petrol-only offering. This will mean that it gets the same powertrain as the Indian market Tiguan Allspace, which pairs a 190PS/320 Nm 2.0-litre turbo-petrol to a seven-speed DCT. A more powerful version of this motor, with 225PS is also expected.Price (Ex-Delhi)
Starts Rs 28.07 LakhsDisplacement
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300