Volkswagen to launch the new Jetta in India on February 17, 2015
The new Volkswagen Jetta will be hitting showrooms in India on February 17, 2015. This is the facelifted model though and it gets only minor revisions.
Primary changes include a new grille, new bumpers and fog lamps. The alloys are also new while the tail lamps now look similar to the ones on the Audi A4. The reflector elements at the rear are all-new as well. A flat-bottomed steering wheel, similar to the ones in the new Polo and Vento, will now be available in the Jetta as well. A touchscreen infotainment system will be part of the updates inside. Volkswagen will also have new upholstery for the updated Jetta. Expect the pricing to go up from the outgoing model.
Expect the engines to remain unchanged - it'll continue to be powered by the 1.4-litre TSI and 2.0-litre TDi. The new Volkswagen Jetta will compete with the Skoda Octavia, Renault Fluence, Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla Altis.
We will be driving the new Jetta soon. Watch out for our upcoming drive review.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.45 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders