Volkswagen Vento Sport Edition petrol priced at Rs 14.95 lakh, on-road
Volkswagen India will soon launch a new edition based on the Vento called the Vento Sport Edition. While the name does sound enthusiastic, the Vento Sport edition will feature cosmetic additions over the regular model. Though Volkswagen India has not conveyed any official details on the launch of the Vento Sport Edition, the same has already been featured on the official website. We at OVERDRIVE have now learnt that the Volkswagen Vento Sport Edition will be available with a 1.2L petrol only and is priced at Rs 14.95 lakh, on-road Mumbai. The company dealerships have started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 75,000.
2018 Volkswagen Vento Sport gets cosmetic additions over regular offering
What makes the Vento Sport Edition different from the regular offering is that it gets "Sport" badges on the fenders, carbon-fibre finish on ORVMs, blackened grille and door foils, all-black roof 16-inch Portago alloys. The updates in the cabin have not been disclosed yet but we believe it will come equipped with everything on offer on the top end High Plus variant. This includes faux leather seats, touchscreen infotainment with MirrorLink connectivity and electrically foldable ORVMs.
Notice the carbon-fibre finish on the ORVMs along with the Sport badges on the fenders
The blackened roof on the Volkswagen Vento Sport edition looks like a vinyl layer. But not something that regular Vento owners can put on their cars.
In terms of mechanicals, the Volkswagen Sport Edition will come with a 1.2-litre TSI petrol engine that makes 105PS/175Nm and is mated to a 7-speed DSG unit. The performance figures and numbers remain unchanged. VW states that there will be benefits of Rs. 1.20 lakh on this edition. Additionally, for bookings done before March 20, customers will get additional benefits of up to Rs. 25,000 along with exchange and loyalty benefits of up to Rs. 20,000.
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019