Volkswagen's new compact sedan to debut in India next year
If you've been following our tweets from the 2014 Paris Motor Show, you'll know that team OVERDRIVE stumbled upon an astonishing bit of scoop on Volkswagen. The German carmaker is about to join the league of manufacturers operating in the compact sedan or sub-4m category. This is definitely not speculation because our sources confirm that VW has already finalised the design and the car is in the final stages of testing.
VW will unveil this new sedan sometime early next year. The development of the new car, says Volkswagen, took just half the time usually spent on developing an all-new product. What's more, this sedan, for now, will be sold exclusively in India. It will also use the newly developed 1.5l diesel motor featured in the new Polo and Vento.
Expect a 90ps/230Nm engine configuration. It will most likely be mated to a five-speed manual transmission. Along with engines, it may also share the design language with that of the new Vento and Polo.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review