Volkswagen emission scandal: South Korean prosecutors raid VW office
South Korean prosecutors raided the local offices of Volkswagen in line with the emissions scandal probe. Homes of few high ranking officials from the organisation as well as those from the quality control were also raided.
The prosecutors confiscated the hard-drives, documents and letters that were exchanged between the local offices and the manufacturer's headquarters in Germany. This was done after the MD of Volkswagen's local manufacturing unit commented that "recall call plan for emissions-cheating vehicles was legally deficient."
Last month, the environmental ministry filed a case against Volkswagen Korea as the emissions levels of its cars were found to cross the permissible values.
In India Anant Geete, union minister of Heavy Industries, commented that cars from Volkswagen India have been found to exceed the permissible emissions level by nine times. He also informed that the road transport ministry has been instructed to take necessary action against the German car manufacturer.
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani