Volvo 5 Senses: The S60 Cross Country experience
The Volvo S60 Cross Country is a sleeper. Yes, because it looks quite unassuming when you see it for the first time. It looks good, just like the standard S60 (also on sale in India). But the party trick in the the S60 Cross Country lies in the 201mm ground clearance. And the best part is that it does not look ungainly with the added height. We've road tested the S60 Cross Country and knew it'd be a worthy companion to the XC60 and XC90 at the OVERDRIVE Volvo 5 Senses drive from Chandigarh-Narkanda-Raison-Prashar lake and back. However, the S60 Cross Country performed was terrific.
The 201mm ground clearance was a boon when driving off-road. There were stones, boulders and broken patches to deal with but never did the bottom scrape. This despite, hauling three passengers a week's luggage.
The system works seamlessly, making you feel as if you've got great car control. Truth is, the Instant Traction technology constantly monitors the throttle position, engine speed, engine torque and speed of the wheels. When it detects slip, it sends power to the wheels with the most grip, making easy work of the terrain we encountered (rocky paths, slushy roads and the banks of a river)
Yes! We took the car intoa river and it made it through, unscathed. Not only that. we also crossed streams with the S60 Cross Country without batting an eye lid.
Despite the increased ride height, the S60 Cross Country is a delight to push around corners. The participants, and Team OD, felt comfortable hustling the car around mountain roads, thanks to the car's Corner TractionControl system.
Volvo has been designing excellent seats for quite some time and the ones in the S60 Cross Country are a result of the company's years of accumulated expertise. Besides offering a wide range of adjust ability, we found the seats to be super supportive. The bolstering is spot on and they really hold you tight, aiding the feeling of security that you naturally get in a Volvo.
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh