Volvo announces Polestar developed S60 T8 Twin Engine
Volvo is all set to introduce the new S60 T8 next week in the US but prior to that, the Swedish car maker has revealed the specifications of the range topping S60. It will be called the S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered. For the uninitiated, Polestar is Volvo's sub brand that builds performance oriented Volvo cars.
The S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered will be based on the S60 T8 Twin Engine, however, it gets the Polestar goodies that elevates it to the top of the range.
The car uses the same, 2-litre, four-cylinder hybrid drivetrain that's in the standard T8 Twin Engine but it has been tuned to deliver 415PS and 670Nm. That's 15PS and 30Nm more than the standard S60 T8 Twin Engine.
Other Polestar bits include Brembo brakes, light weight alloy wheels, chrome exhaust pipes and gold colour seat belts. The brake calipers too are painted in gold, in line with other Polestar cars. The biggest highlight, though, is the adjustable Ohlins suspension. These are similar to the one's on the Polestar 1 hybrid and promises improved cornering ability and control.
Volvo says that the S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered will be an exciting driver's car.
Following the launch of the performance S60 T8, Volvo will also introduce the V60 and XC60 Polestar engineered versions by 2019.
Speaking about the Volvo S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered, Håkan Samuelsson, CEO, Volvo cars said that the car marks the new era of Volvo's electrified car range and that the company believes that electric cars are the future.
In India, Volvo sells the XC90 T8 hybrid, it's only hybrid vehicle in the Indian car market.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300