Volvo announces Polestar developed S60 T8 Twin Engine
Volvo is all set to introduce the new S60 T8 next week in the US but prior to that, the Swedish car maker has revealed the specifications of the range topping S60. It will be called the S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered. For the uninitiated, Polestar is Volvo's sub brand that builds performance oriented Volvo cars.
The S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered will be based on the S60 T8 Twin Engine, however, it gets the Polestar goodies that elevates it to the top of the range.
The car uses the same, 2-litre, four-cylinder hybrid drivetrain that's in the standard T8 Twin Engine but it has been tuned to deliver 415PS and 670Nm. That's 15PS and 30Nm more than the standard S60 T8 Twin Engine.
Other Polestar bits include Brembo brakes, light weight alloy wheels, chrome exhaust pipes and gold colour seat belts. The brake calipers too are painted in gold, in line with other Polestar cars. The biggest highlight, though, is the adjustable Ohlins suspension. These are similar to the one's on the Polestar 1 hybrid and promises improved cornering ability and control.
Volvo says that the S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered will be an exciting driver's car.
Following the launch of the performance S60 T8, Volvo will also introduce the V60 and XC60 Polestar engineered versions by 2019.
Speaking about the Volvo S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar engineered, Håkan Samuelsson, CEO, Volvo cars said that the car marks the new era of Volvo's electrified car range and that the company believes that electric cars are the future.
In India, Volvo sells the XC90 T8 hybrid, it's only hybrid vehicle in the Indian car market.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test