Volvo Auto India appoints three new senior management officials to strengthen its hold
In an effort to strengthen its hold in India, Volvo has appointed three new senior management officials. Nalin Jain has been appointed as the new chief financial officer (CFO), while Jyoti Malhotra joins as the new director of sales, marketing and PR, and Rajeev Chauhan as the network director.
Nalin has been working in many operational and managerial positions at several organizations in India and other countries for over 20 years. Prior to this, he served as the head of controlling at Volkswagen from 2010-2013 and then as the CFO of the brand up until 2015. His primary role at Volvo India will be to ensure that the brand continues to grow in the luxury car segment.
(From left to right) Jyoti Malhotra, Tom von Bonsdorff, Rajeev Chauhan and Nalin Jain
Malhotra has over 21 years of experience in different functions of the Indian passenger car and commercial vehicle industry. Before this, he was the vice president of sales at Mahindra & Mahindra, and has also worked with brands like Fiat India and Maruti Suzuki. At Mahindra, he was recognised for building a strong sales team and growing the brand in the automotive industry. Volvo says that his diverse experience in the field of sales, marketing, business strategy, training and used car operations is of great value to the brand.
Rajeev Chauhan was previously employed at Honda Cars India where he headed the dealer development team. He has over 20 years of experience in the automotive industry and also worked with Daewoo. His role at Volvo will include service training, planning and strategy, dealer expansion and dealer development.
Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director of Volvo Auto India, says that the brand is on track for a 20 per cent year-on-year growth this year, and is looking to expand its dealer network in Pune, Lucknow and Jaipur. He hopes to increase sales too and secure a 10 per cent market share in the luxury segment by 2020.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India