Volvo Cars next-gen infotainment to be based on Android P, come integrated with Google maps, Google play store and Google assistant
Volvo cars debuted the next generation of Google's in-car entertainment system at the recent Google I/O event. The system, demonstrated on a Volvo XC40 SUV is an all-new offering based on Android P and adds more Google integration than Android Auto.
The new system has been developed by Volvo for in-car use and carries design themes from its own Sensus interface. This system now replaces Volvo's navigation software with Google Maps directly in the system. A version of Google's Play Store is also available. This is different from the phone apps and contains a selection of apps compatible for use during driving. Users can now download these apps directly into the car access them via the infotainment.
There is also greater Google assistant integration than before, voice commands can be used to change climate and other in-car settings or even access navigation and make calls, send messages and so on.
Henrik Green, senior vice-president of research and development at Volvo Cars said bringing Google services into Volvo cars will accelerate innovation in connectivity and boost Volvo's development in applications and connected services,"
Green also said the Google partnership to be entered into is an important strategic alliance for Volvo Cars. The Android platform, Google services and Google's working relationship with app developers in-house and worldwide will help further improve the Volvo car experience.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP
- NewsBentley Motors enters 100th year with the premiere of a short film
- NewsRenault Kwid fails ASEAN NCAP safety test, gets a zero-star rating
- NewsTata 45X based premium hatchback to launch in India by the 2019 festive season
- News2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
- NewsAnalysis: Kawasaki to localise Ninja 300 for better pricing?
- News2018 Suzuki Burgman Street 125 maxi scooter price leaked ahead of July 19 launch