Volvo Cars next-gen infotainment to be based on Android P, come integrated with Google maps, Google play store and Google assistant
Volvo cars debuted the next generation of Google's in-car entertainment system at the recent Google I/O event. The system, demonstrated on a Volvo XC40 SUV is an all-new offering based on Android P and adds more Google integration than Android Auto.
The new system has been developed by Volvo for in-car use and carries design themes from its own Sensus interface. This system now replaces Volvo's navigation software with Google Maps directly in the system. A version of Google's Play Store is also available. This is different from the phone apps and contains a selection of apps compatible for use during driving. Users can now download these apps directly into the car access them via the infotainment.
There is also greater Google assistant integration than before, voice commands can be used to change climate and other in-car settings or even access navigation and make calls, send messages and so on.
Henrik Green, senior vice-president of research and development at Volvo Cars said bringing Google services into Volvo cars will accelerate innovation in connectivity and boost Volvo's development in applications and connected services,"
Green also said the Google partnership to be entered into is an important strategic alliance for Volvo Cars. The Android platform, Google services and Google's working relationship with app developers in-house and worldwide will help further improve the Volvo car experience.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019