Volvo India hikes prices of some car models
Volvo Auto India has officially announced a hike in prices across its model range. The carmaker has increased the ex-showroom prices of some models by around three per cent. In an official release, the company has attributed the price hike to the recently proposed taxation norms for vehicles of different categories in the 2016 Budget.
However, there is some good news as well. Volvo has slashed prices of some car models by a substantial margin. The Volvo V40 Cross Country D3 Inscription model will now cost Rs 3 lakh less. And the asking price for the S60 Kinetic has been reduced by Rs 1.51 lakh while that of the S60 Momentum has been slashed by Rs 24,000.
Commenting on the price revision, Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo Auto India said, "This year's budget has forced us to relook at the pricing in order to provide the best in class products to our customers. At the same time, we are pleased to be able to offer significant price reduction on S60 Kinetic, S60 Momentum and V40 Cross Country D3 Inscription variants, without compromising on the features and specification levels. Efficiencies of scale have enabled us reduce cost and hence pass on the price discount to our customers."
The revised ex-showroom Delhi prices for all Volvo models are listed below:
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept