Volvo India hikes prices of some car models
Volvo Auto India has officially announced a hike in prices across its model range. The carmaker has increased the ex-showroom prices of some models by around three per cent. In an official release, the company has attributed the price hike to the recently proposed taxation norms for vehicles of different categories in the 2016 Budget.
However, there is some good news as well. Volvo has slashed prices of some car models by a substantial margin. The Volvo V40 Cross Country D3 Inscription model will now cost Rs 3 lakh less. And the asking price for the S60 Kinetic has been reduced by Rs 1.51 lakh while that of the S60 Momentum has been slashed by Rs 24,000.
Commenting on the price revision, Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo Auto India said, "This year's budget has forced us to relook at the pricing in order to provide the best in class products to our customers. At the same time, we are pleased to be able to offer significant price reduction on S60 Kinetic, S60 Momentum and V40 Cross Country D3 Inscription variants, without compromising on the features and specification levels. Efficiencies of scale have enabled us reduce cost and hence pass on the price discount to our customers."
The revised ex-showroom Delhi prices for all Volvo models are listed below:
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.85 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'