Volvo India hikes prices of some car models
Volvo Auto India has officially announced a hike in prices across its model range. The carmaker has increased the ex-showroom prices of some models by around three per cent. In an official release, the company has attributed the price hike to the recently proposed taxation norms for vehicles of different categories in the 2016 Budget.
However, there is some good news as well. Volvo has slashed prices of some car models by a substantial margin. The Volvo V40 Cross Country D3 Inscription model will now cost Rs 3 lakh less. And the asking price for the S60 Kinetic has been reduced by Rs 1.51 lakh while that of the S60 Momentum has been slashed by Rs 24,000.
Commenting on the price revision, Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo Auto India said, "This year's budget has forced us to relook at the pricing in order to provide the best in class products to our customers. At the same time, we are pleased to be able to offer significant price reduction on S60 Kinetic, S60 Momentum and V40 Cross Country D3 Inscription variants, without compromising on the features and specification levels. Efficiencies of scale have enabled us reduce cost and hence pass on the price discount to our customers."
The revised ex-showroom Delhi prices for all Volvo models are listed below:
Starts Rs 38.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.91 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.83 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055