Volvo India opens new showroom in Mumbai and reveals future plans
Volvo India opened a new showroom today in Mumbai. Located at Link Road, Andheri (W), KIFS Volvo is spread over an area of 2,000sqft and also has a workshop in Sakinaka, Andheri(E). All of Volvo India's models including the XC 60, S 60, V 40 Cross Country, XC 90 and S 80 will be available here. The company also revealed its future plans for the Indian market.
The company says that it will be bringing in new products to counter the offensive from its German competitors. The first of the lot will most likely be the 1.6-litre petrol version of the Volvo V 40 Cross Country. Volvo said that it plans to enter the sub-Rs 30 lakh segment and the Cross Country petrol will be a step towards that direction. The Volvo model was initially intended to break into the Indian market, but given India's affinity for diesel-engined cars, the plans were dropped. The turbo petrol engine makes 180PS/240Nm and comes mated to a 6-speed manual as well as automatic gearboxes. As for which of these transmissions will make it to India is yet to be seen.
The V 40 hatchback will also make its way to the Indian market. It will be powered by a 150PS/350Nm four-cylinder D3 2.0-litre diesel motor. This engine is again likely to come mated to 6-speed auto and manual transmissions.
Then there is also the more powerful version of the S 60, powered by the 304PS/400Nm T6 turbo petrol which was recently dropped from the S 60 lineup. It will be relaunched in the Indian market as well. The V 40 (hatchback and Cross Country) and S 60 T6 will be launched between May and July, 2015.
Come September, the all-new Volvo XC 90 will also be launched with the petrol T6 (2.0-litre 320PS/400Nm) and D5 (225PS/470Nm 2.0-litre) engines mated to 8-speed auto transmissions. Bookings for the new XC 90, though, start from May 2015 with deliveries expected to begin shortly after launch.
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production