Volvo India to launch the V90 Cross Country before the XC60
The new Volvo V90 Cross Country will be launched in India in a couple of months, and the new XC60 will go on sale in India thereafter. The V90 Cross Country is expected to be priced in the Rs 60-65 lakh price bracket, making it a great value for money.
Volvo V90 Cross Country
The V90 Cross Country is the third Volvo to sit on the Scalable Product Platform (SPA) and is fourth in the line of vehicles that started with the XC90, followed by the S90 and V90 estate. The XC90 and S90 are also on sale in India.
The V90 Cross Country is essentially a jacked-up V90 estate with the 4x4 drivetrain from the XC90. The cars coming to India will only be available with the 2-litre, twin-turbo, four-pot diesel in the D5 trim. It produces 235PS and 480Nm and comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Power transferred to the front wheels only, but when required will be sent to the rear wheels. Volvo claims a 0-100kmph time of 7.5s and a top speed of 230kmph.
The interiors look similar to the XC90's, so you get the tablet-style centre console and crystalline finish engine start/stop knob. Since this is a Cross Country model, there are no wood trims around the cabin.
Space inside the cabin is quite generous and boot, at 600-plus litres, is quite capacious too. This can be expanded to 1,500 litres by folding the rear seats down. India will get the V90 Cross Country in the top-spec Inscription trim with a range of customisable options.
We were amazed with the capabilities of the new V90 Cross Country during our first drive in Sweden and waiting to see how well the car performs in our conditions. The new Volvo XC60, on the other hand, was showcased at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. It borrows design cues from the XC90 and the V90 Cross Country and looks quite stunning. Watch this space for the first drive review.
Starts Rs 65.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car