Volvo reveals S90 and V90 R-Design models
Swedish carmaker Volvo has revealed the R-Design models for its S90 sedan and V90 estate models. The two new R-Design models feature a sportier chassis along with minor cosmetic changes, both on the exterior and interior.
The new cars feature a tweaked front-end design. The front bumpers look sportier with the foglights being integrated on the spoiler. The vertical chrome grille seen on the regular model has been replaced with a horizontal grille on the new performance model. On the rear end, there have been no major changes except for the piano black finish between the dual exhausts. The new R-Design models also feature a new set of five spoke matte black alloy wheels.
Significant changes have been made on the interior, including black sporty contour seats, a tweaked steering wheel and an interior illumination package. The regular beige interior has been replaced by a blacked-out dashboard and interior trim with certain components having a carbon-fibre finish.
On the mechanical side, the S90 and V90 R-Design models possess the same power and torque figures over the regular model. The only change here includes an advanced sport chassis which delivers an energetic, road-hugging drive.
The S90 sedan R-Design will be up against the performance versions of the Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5 Series and Jaguar XE. The new R-Design models are available for bookings in the European market, but there is no word on their launch in the Indian markets. Volvo, however, is set to launch the regular S90 sedan in India later this year.
Starts Rs 58.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea