Volvo S60 Cross Country launched in India at Rs 38.9 lakh
Volvo has launched the S60 Cross Country in India at Rs 38.9 lakh, ex-Mumbai. The Volvo S60 Cross Country is a unique offering from the Swedish car maker as it is the first sedan in India to get rugged styling. Volvo had earlier showcased the S60 Cross Country at the 2015 Detroit Motor Show. Also, it is the company's first launch in this year. We have already driven the Volvo S60 Cross Country and you can read our road test report here.
Based on the S60 sedan, the S60 Cross Country essentially features a rough road package with an increased ground clearance of 201mm. The rugged sedan gets new alloy wheels and higher profile tyres. Apart from these changes, it features subtle changes that differentiate it from the regular S60 sedan. There is a mix of matte claddings and aluminum finished bash plates and rocker panel. We believe that the crossover updates might appeal to the Indian audiences looking for a more practicalsedan.
The Volvo S60 Cross Country gets an all-wheel drive powertrain. It is powered by a 2.4l five-cylinder diesel motor that makes 190PS and 420Nm. Volvo offers features such as DSTC, traction control and stability control as standard on the S60 Cross Country. Importantly, the Volvo S60 Cross Country comes with the City Safety feature that has laser assisted automatic braking. It works at speeds of upto 50kmph.
"Nothing could be more appropriate for India than a Cross Country sedan, yes the wait is finally over. Our customers want their car to glide through the rough roads but had to compromise on the rear seat comfort of a sedan. Our latest launch, S60 Cross Country addresses both these in a unique blend of sporty ruggedness. We have included all the capability driven features standard offering in a unique 'all weather, all road' experience", said Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo India.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Volvo S60 Cross Country
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally