Volvo S60 Cross Country launched in India at Rs 38.9 lakh
Volvo has launched the S60 Cross Country in India at Rs 38.9 lakh, ex-Mumbai. The Volvo S60 Cross Country is a unique offering from the Swedish car maker as it is the first sedan in India to get rugged styling. Volvo had earlier showcased the S60 Cross Country at the 2015 Detroit Motor Show. Also, it is the company's first launch in this year. We have already driven the Volvo S60 Cross Country and you can read our road test report here.
Based on the S60 sedan, the S60 Cross Country essentially features a rough road package with an increased ground clearance of 201mm. The rugged sedan gets new alloy wheels and higher profile tyres. Apart from these changes, it features subtle changes that differentiate it from the regular S60 sedan. There is a mix of matte claddings and aluminum finished bash plates and rocker panel. We believe that the crossover updates might appeal to the Indian audiences looking for a more practical sedan.
The Volvo S60 Cross Country gets an all-wheel drive powertrain. It is powered by a 2.4l five-cylinder diesel motor that makes 190PS and 420Nm. Volvo offers features such as DSTC, traction control and stability control as standard on the S60 Cross Country. Importantly, the Volvo S60 Cross Country comes with the City Safety feature that has laser assisted automatic braking. It works at speeds of upto 50kmph.
"Nothing could be more appropriate for India than a Cross Country sedan, yes the wait is finally over. Our customers want their car to glide through the rough roads but had to compromise on the rear seat comfort of a sedan. Our latest launch, S60 Cross Country addresses both these in a unique blend of sporty ruggedness. We have included all the capability driven features standard offering in a unique 'all weather, all road' experience", said Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo India.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Volvo S60 Cross Country
Starts Rs 40.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review