Volvo S60 Polestar launched in India at Rs 52.5 lakh
Volvo has launched the S60 Polestar in India at Rs 52.5 lakh, ex-Delhi. This is the first car from Volvo India to feature the Polestar badging. Polestar is Volvo's performance division, like the M division for BMW and the AMG division for Mercedes-Benz. The Volvo S60 Polestar is powered by a 2.0-litre petrol engine which is supercharged and turbocharged. It produces 367PS of power and 470Nm of torque, and comes with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. Volvo claims that the S60 Polestar will do 0-100kmph in 4.7 seconds while top speed is limited to 250kmph.
What the Polestar division has essentially done is take a standard Volvo S60, put in a bigger turbocharger and add a supercharger, new conrods, a new camshaft, a larger air intake and a higher capacity fuel pump. It also gets a BorgWarner all-wheel-drive system, stiffer suspension and larger brakes (371mm Brembo six-piston calliper brake discs). The Volvo S60 Polestar gets visual upgrades too like a sportier body kit and 20-inch Polestar alloy wheels. The car is available in three colours the signature rebel blue, onyx black and ice white. In terms of safety, the Volvo S60 Polestar gets radar-based safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, a collision-avoidance system and blind-spot detection.
The Volvo S60 Polestar's direct rivals are the Mercedes-AMG C 43 and the Audi S5. However, it manages to significantly undercut them in terms of pricing. The C 43 costs Rs 74.35 lakh (ex-Delhi), while the S5 is priced at Rs 66.20 lakh.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids