Volvo S60 Polestar launched in India at Rs 52.5 lakh
Volvo has launched the S60 Polestar in India at Rs 52.5 lakh, ex-Delhi. This is the first car from Volvo India to feature the Polestar badging. Polestar is Volvo's performance division, like the M division for BMW and the AMG division for Mercedes-Benz. The Volvo S60 Polestar is powered by a 2.0-litre petrol engine which is supercharged and turbocharged. It produces 367PS of power and 470Nm of torque, and comes with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. Volvo claims that the S60 Polestar will do 0-100kmph in 4.7 seconds while top speed is limited to 250kmph.
What the Polestar division has essentially done is take a standard Volvo S60, put in a bigger turbocharger and add a supercharger, new conrods, a new camshaft, a larger air intake and a higher capacity fuel pump. It also gets a BorgWarner all-wheel-drive system, stiffer suspension and larger brakes (371mm Brembo six-piston calliper brake discs). The Volvo S60 Polestar gets visual upgrades too like a sportier body kit and 20-inch Polestar alloy wheels. The car is available in three colours the signature rebel blue, onyx black and ice white. In terms of safety, the Volvo S60 Polestar gets radar-based safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, a collision-avoidance system and blind-spot detection.
The Volvo S60 Polestar's direct rivals are the Mercedes-AMG C 43 and the Audi S5. However, it manages to significantly undercut them in terms of pricing. The C 43 costs Rs 74.35 lakh (ex-Delhi), while the S5 is priced at Rs 66.20 lakh.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India