Volvo S60 Polestar launched in India at Rs 52.5 lakh
Volvo has launched the S60 Polestar in India at Rs 52.5 lakh, ex-Delhi. This is the first car from Volvo India to feature the Polestar badging. Polestar is Volvo's performance division, like the M division for BMW and the AMG division for Mercedes-Benz. The Volvo S60 Polestar is powered by a 2.0-litre petrol engine which is supercharged and turbocharged. It produces 367PS of power and 470Nm of torque, and comes with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. Volvo claims that the S60 Polestar will do 0-100kmph in 4.7 seconds while top speed is limited to 250kmph.
What the Polestar division has essentially done is take a standard Volvo S60, put in a bigger turbocharger and add a supercharger, new conrods, a new camshaft, a larger air intake and a higher capacity fuel pump. It also gets a BorgWarner all-wheel-drive system, stiffer suspension and larger brakes (371mm Brembo six-piston calliper brake discs). The Volvo S60 Polestar gets visual upgrades too like a sportier body kit and 20-inch Polestar alloy wheels. The car is available in three colours the signature rebel blue, onyx black and ice white. In terms of safety, the Volvo S60 Polestar gets radar-based safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, a collision-avoidance system and blind-spot detection.
The Volvo S60 Polestar's direct rivals are the Mercedes-AMG C 43 and the Audi S5. However, it manages to significantly undercut them in terms of pricing. The C 43 costs Rs 74.35 lakh (ex-Delhi), while the S5 is priced at Rs 66.20 lakh.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works