Volvo S60 Polestar to be launched in India on April 14
Volvo India is set to bring in its performance division, Polestar, to India on April 14, 2017, with the S60 Polestar. The Volvo S60 Polestar will feature a DOHC 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged and supercharged petrol engine which produces 367PS of power at 6,000rpm and 470Nm of torque. It will get an 8-speed automatic gearbox and an AWD system. Weighing 1,751kg, the Volvo S60 Polestar has a power-to-weight ratio of 209.59PS per tonne.
Compared to the most powerful variant of the standard Volvo S60, the T6, this one makes 61PS more power and 70Nm more torque. Mechanical differences between the two cars include bigger brakes, stiffer suspension and a larger turbocharger. It also gets a sportier body kit and new 20-inch Polestar alloy wheels. Volvo claims that the S60 Polestar will go from 0-100kmph in 4.7 seconds with a top speed of 250kmph. The brand also claims that the Volvo S60 Polestar will return an overall fuel-efficiency figure of 12.82kmpl.
The Volvo S60 Polestar will go up against the cars like the 367PS/520Nm Mercedes-AMG C43 and the 333PS/440Nm Audi S5 Sportback. Both these cars run 3.0-litre V6 engines, while the Volvo S60 Polestar sticks to the brand's philosophy of offering downsized engines for better efficiency and less emissions. We expect prices to be in the Rs 65-70 lakh (ex-showroom) range.
Also see: 2019 Volvo S60 | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block