Volvo S60 Polestar to be launched in India on April 14
Volvo India is set to bring in its performance division, Polestar, to India on April 14, 2017, with the S60 Polestar. The Volvo S60 Polestar will feature a DOHC 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged and supercharged petrol engine which produces 367PS of power at 6,000rpm and 470Nm of torque. It will get an 8-speed automatic gearbox and an AWD system. Weighing 1,751kg, the Volvo S60 Polestar has a power-to-weight ratio of 209.59PS per tonne.
Compared to the most powerful variant of the standard Volvo S60, the T6, this one makes 61PS more power and 70Nm more torque. Mechanical differences between the two cars include bigger brakes, stiffer suspension and a larger turbocharger. It also gets a sportier body kit and new 20-inch Polestar alloy wheels. Volvo claims that the S60 Polestar will go from 0-100kmph in 4.7 seconds with a top speed of 250kmph. The brand also claims that the Volvo S60 Polestar will return an overall fuel-efficiency figure of 12.82kmpl.
The Volvo S60 Polestar will go up against the cars like the 367PS/520Nm Mercedes-AMG C43 and the 333PS/440Nm Audi S5 Sportback. Both these cars run 3.0-litre V6 engines, while the Volvo S60 Polestar sticks to the brand's philosophy of offering downsized engines for better efficiency and less emissions. We expect prices to be in the Rs 65-70 lakh (ex-showroom) range.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India