Volvo S60 Polestar to be launched in India on April 14
Volvo India is set to bring in its performance division, Polestar, to India on April 14, 2017, with the S60 Polestar. The Volvo S60 Polestar will feature a DOHC 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged and supercharged petrol engine which produces 367PS of power at 6,000rpm and 470Nm of torque. It will get an 8-speed automatic gearbox and an AWD system. Weighing 1,751kg, the Volvo S60 Polestar has a power-to-weight ratio of 209.59PS per tonne.
Compared to the most powerful variant of the standard Volvo S60, the T6, this one makes 61PS more power and 70Nm more torque. Mechanical differences between the two cars include bigger brakes, stiffer suspension and a larger turbocharger. It also gets a sportier body kit and new 20-inch Polestar alloy wheels. Volvo claims that the S60 Polestar will go from 0-100kmph in 4.7 seconds with a top speed of 250kmph. The brand also claims that the Volvo S60 Polestar will return an overall fuel-efficiency figure of 12.82kmpl.
The Volvo S60 Polestar will go up against the cars like the 367PS/520Nm Mercedes-AMG C43 and the 333PS/440Nm Audi S5 Sportback. Both these cars run 3.0-litre V6 engines, while the Volvo S60 Polestar sticks to the brand's philosophy of offering downsized engines for better efficiency and less emissions. We expect prices to be in the Rs 65-70 lakh (ex-showroom) range.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works