Volvo S90 sedan to be launched in India at Rs 57 lakh
Volvo is going to commence bookings of the all-new S90 in India from next week. The sedan is expected to hit showrooms during Diwali. With prices starting at around Rs 57 lakh for the base variant, expect the S90 to compete with the likes of the BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and other cars in the segment. The S90 is a Volvo's mid-size luxury sedan which will replace the ageing S80.
As per Volvo's initiative to bring all its global models to India, the S90 follows the pack and will initially be released in two trims with a diesel D4 engine. Volvo plans to launch the S90 with a D5 engine and all-wheel drive down the line in India. Since both the D4 and D5 engines have sub-2,000cc displacements, they are exempt from the diesel ban in the Delhi-NCR, which is a major market for Volvo.
The Volvo S90 follows the Swedish car maker's current design language as seen in the new XC90, with sharp headlights with LED DRLs and a cliff-like front end. The sharp body lines and angular tail lights also follow the trend. On the inside, the theme understated luxury prevails with a central infotainment system flanked by large vertical air-conditioner vents and a wooden trim.
Starts Rs 58.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India