Volvo S90 sedan to be launched in India at Rs 57 lakh
Volvo is going to commence bookings of the all-new S90 in India from next week. The sedan is expected to hit showrooms during Diwali. With prices starting at around Rs 57 lakh for the base variant, expect the S90 to compete with the likes of the BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and other cars in the segment. The S90 is a Volvo's mid-size luxury sedan which will replace the ageing S80.
As per Volvo's initiative to bring all its global models to India, the S90 follows the pack and will initially be released in two trims with a diesel D4 engine. Volvo plans to launch the S90 with a D5 engine and all-wheel drive down the line in India. Since both the D4 and D5 engines have sub-2,000cc displacements, they are exempt from the diesel ban in the Delhi-NCR, which is a major market for Volvo.
The Volvo S90 follows the Swedish car maker's current design language as seen in the new XC90, with sharp headlights with LED DRLs and a cliff-like front end. The sharp body lines and angular tail lights also follow the trend. On the inside, the theme understated luxury prevails with a central infotainment system flanked by large vertical air-conditioner vents and a wooden trim.
Starts Rs 51.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 54.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition