Volvo to locally assemble the XC60 in India
Volvo Auto India has announced that it the XC60 will be locally assembled by the end of September 2018. At present, the XC60 is imported via the CBU route. Local manufacturing is expected to reduce costs and help the Swedish manufacture compete against the German trio- BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi. At present, Volvo assembles the S90 luxury sedan and the XC90 at its factory in Bengaluru.
The new Volvo
The announcement was made at the launch of the new XC40 in India. Priced at Rs 39.9 lakh( ex-showroom), the new XC40 goes up against the Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA. While Volvo has not announced plans to locally manufacture the XC40, the possibility of this happening in the future cannot be ruled out. Volvo could also consider expanding its production capacity to export cars to other markets.
The new Volvo XC60
Volvo is on an aggressive expansion plan in India which includes dealership and service network expansion. The company is set to open five new dealerships in India by the end of 2018. The plan is to open one dealership every month to take the total number of Volvo passenger car dealers to twenty-seven.
The new Volvo XC60
The new XC60 is the most feature loaded vehicle in its segment, something that we appreciated in the comparison test with the new BMW X3 and the Audi Q5. It is also the only vehicle in its segment to get radar-based safety systems, in India. This is because the radar frequencies that Volvo uses are approved by the Government of India. The frequencies that the German manufacturers use are yet to be approved.
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019