Volvo Trucks announce sale of 10,000th truck in India
Volvo Trucks has announced the sale of its 10,000 th truck in India. The milestone, the company says, sets it apart as the only foreign player to record this sales figure in India.
The 10,000 th truck is the Volvo FMX 440 8x4 I-Shift that was handed over to Mahalaxmi Infracontracts Private Limited at a handover ceremony in Bengaluru. Pierre Jean Verge Salamon, president Volvo Group Truck Sales, India along with Rama Rao A S, SVP sales, marketing & aftermarket, Volvo Trucks, VECV gave away the truck to the new owners.
Pierre said, "Over the last 17 years Volvo Trucks has been driving progress in the Indian commercial vehicle industry. From the first high performance European tractor trailer to the recent launched technologically advanced truck range, we have personified performance, productivity and profitability for our customers. We understand what our customers need and will come to need. That is why we constantly innovate. Reaching the 10,000 mark is a testimony to the fact that the new high tech capabilities and the wide range of benefits of our offerings are suiting the Volvo customer."
Volvo Trucks forayed into India back in 1998 and has always brought in technologically proven and crash safe trucks to the Indian market, says the company.
The FMX 440 8x4 is a tipper truck that's part of the FMX series and comes with Volvo's automatic transmission system, I-Shift. The truck is aimed specifically at the mining sector.
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block