Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country facelift unveiled
Volvo has officially revealed the V40 and the V40 Cross Country facelift. Both models get some cosmetic upgrades and are expected to arrive on our shores sometime later this year.
On the outside, the facelifted Volvo V40 and the V40 Cross Country get a new grille mesh with the Volvo iron mark. They get Volvo's Thor hammer LED headlights that are also featured on the S90, V90 and XC90 models.
The updated V40 models will be available in five colors including the new Amazon Blue and Denim Blue, Bursting Blue, Mussel Blue and Luminous Sand. They will offer buyers the choice of eight alloys between all trims.
On the inside, a new City Weave upholstery has been added along with a new Charcoal/Blond steering wheel options. Additionally, prospective buyers will also be offered the option of interior panel trims in milled, black grid or stealth aluminum.
The accent trim colors in the door inserts will now be offered with contrasting stitching and for the first time, a black headliner will be available as an option in the V40. New tread plates will be added for the R-Design and Inscription trim levels and an updated key fob with the new Volvo logo will be available.
"The V40 is the best-selling Volvo model in Europe and the second-most popular Volvo model globally, making it a very important car for the company. With the updates for model year 201, we make this already very successful model even more attractive to customers in the segment," said Björn Annwall, senior vice president, Sales, marketing and customer service at Volvo Car Group.
The Volvo On Call smartphone app which allows remote control of in-car features has also been updated. It was already compatible with Apple Watch and Android Wear and now gets Microsoft Band 2 connectivity too ,making it compatible with Windows 10-based smartphones.
It even gets a calendar integration function which connects your personal calendar to the mobile app thereby allowing it to send calendar appointment destinations directly to your navigation on request. There's Flic Button Compatibility too which allows you to program a single physical button to perform tasks such as locking your car or operating pre-heating functions. It can also be used as a shortcut to Volvo On Call services.
Starts Rs 26.04 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?