Volvo V90 Cross Country to be launched in India on July 12
Volvo India has announced that it will be launching the new V90 Cross Country in India on July 12. Knowing the brand's pricing strategy in India, which is to make its cars a real steal, we expect the V90 Cross Country to be priced in the Rs 60-65 lakh range, considering the S90 sedan itself costs Rs 55 lakh. While there isn't really any other car like the Volvo V90 Cross Country in India, it aims to take on SUVs like the Audi Q5, Mercedes-Benz GLC and the BMW X3. However, the three German manufacturers, thanks to local assembly, have managed to price these SUVs at around Rs 55 lakh. Volvo India, on the other hand, will be selling the V90 Cross Country as a CBU, just like all its other cars.
The Volvo V90 Cross Country will be offered in just one variant the Inscription that will get the D5, 2-litre turbo-diesel engine and an 8-speed automatic transmission. This engine produces 235PS of power and 480Nm of torque, and will send power to all four wheels via a Haldex AWD system. It gets Volvo's radar-based IntelliSafe system and a host of other really cool features. We recently drove the Volvo V90 Cross Country from Mangalore to Coorg and were absolutely spellbound by its design and performance!
Starts Rs 65.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 60.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52.75 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block