Volvo XC40 (India bound) image gallery
Volvo has unveiled its compact SUV, the XC40 today and it will be heading to India in 2018 to rival the likes of the Audi Q3, Mercedes-Benz GLA . The Volvo XC40 is based on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform that has its origins in China, Geely who now owns Volvo Cars. Last year, Geely had unveiled the Lynk & Co 01 that shares its underpinnings with the XC40. The Lynk & Co 01 will first go on sale in China in 2017 and will be introduced in the U.S. and European markets in 2018. The Volvo XC40 will be the most compact SUV in the Swedish automaker's portfolio. It is actually a more cost effective option for emerging markets than the reputed SPA platform. The CMA platform is also expected to underpin future, compact Volvos. Scroll below to go through our detailed image gallery of the Volvo XC40.
The front profile of all the Volvo SUVs look almost identical now, thanks to the Thor shaped headlights
The Volvo XC40 compact SUV is based on theCompact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform
The Volvo XC40 does have an understated elegance
The Volvo XC40 sticks close to the 40.1 Concept showcased last year
The Volvo XC40 will be available in funky colours
The dual tone rood of the Volvo XC40 looks interesting
While the front profile of the Volvo XC40 screams of an SUV, the rear looks hatchback like
The flowing design of the LED Taillights make it look classy
The designers say that the XC40 looks like a distant cousin of the XC60 and the XC90.
The XC40's design is influenced by architecture and fashion, which is why Volvo chose to reveal in the car in Milan, a city that has a mix of both
There are many firsts for a car including the placement of an air vented sub-woofer on the dashboard and not on the typical door pads
The Volvo XC40 will use the company's Sensus touchscreen infotainment system but it has a couple of enhancements too, with the touch being much smoother now
The colour choice for the trims make the Volvo XC40 one of the most premium offerings in the segment
The Volvo XC40 will comfortably seat five occupants
Even though the Volvo XC40 is believed to be the most compact SUV, it still comes with features that is offered on the flagship XC90 SUV
The XC40 is likely to come with 1.5-litre turbo three cylinder petrol and the four-cylinder Drive-E engines for the higher models.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show