Volvo XC40 India launch soon, listed on website
Volvo Cars India has now listed the Volvo XC40 on its website just days after the 2017 Volvo XC60 was launched in India. This suggests that the smallest SUV in the Volvo Cars lineup may be launched in India sooner than expected. The Volvo XC40 compact SUV which was unveiled earlier this year in Milan will compete with the Audi Q3, Mercedes-Benz GLA, and the upcoming Jaguar E-pace. Prices are expected to start from Rs 28 lakh when the Volvo XC40 is launched in India. The Volvo XC40 was expected to launch in mid-2018, but having already been listed on the Volvo India website, we can now expect the launch date to be a few months earlier. The Volvo XC40 compact SUV is based on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform that has its origins in China, thanks to Geely which now owns Volvo Cars. CMA is a more cost-effective platform for emerging markets, as against the SPA platform which underpins larger Volvo offerings. Currently, the Volvo India website explains the features of the upcoming XC40 but does not reveal the technical specifications for India.
The Volvo XC40 sticks close to the 40.1 Concept showcased last year and you can clearly see the family motifs like the Thor's Hammer DRLs as well as the overall styling. The XC40 borrows design cues from both its larger siblings, the XC60 and the XC90. Volvo says 'Pilot Assist' will be used in the new Volvo XC40, which basically helps any person authorised by the owner to start the car without a key fob.
The Volvo XC40 will use the company's Sensus touchscreen infotainment system albeit with further enhancements. The Volvo XC40 is a 5-seater and the company claims that it has designed the SUV to have a clutter-free cabin. This shows in the layout which has minimal buttons and lots of cubby holes in the cabin. The Volvo XC40 will feature a range of three and four-cylinder engines in both petrol and diesel iterations, with a plug-in hybrid planned for the future as well.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52.9 Lakhs
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Daimler India offers free vehicle check-up to BharatBenz customers
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Bajaj Chetak deliveries delayed
- NewsKawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 launched in India at Rs 10.79 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!