Volvo XC40 rival 2019 BMW X1 facelift SUV spied testing in China
BMW is looking to bring a refresh to its compact premium SUV, the X1. Spy shots of the BMW X1 have surfaced. The images the X1 facelift show it partially camouflaged and undergoing testing in China. The timing of these spy shots is interesting as the X1's rival, the 2018 Volvo XC40 has just been launched in India at an attractive introductory price. In the spy images, we can see that the entire front fascia, as well as taillamps and rear bumper, have been covered in camouflage. This suggests that the 2019 X1 will only receive a mild refresh over its current iteration and now we also know the parts that will be facelifted. The second generation BMW X1 currently on sale was launched two years ago.
In the face of growing competition in its segment, BMW would be well-advised to give its Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV), as the company calls the X1, an update. It is not yet clear when the X1 would be officially revealed globally, but it is expected to be around the end of 2019 or early in 2019. The global launch will follow, and subsequently its launch in India.The spy shots also show the test mule to be sporting a new alloy wheel design and we expect these to make their way to the production vehicle.
The rear will receive more comprehensive updates and it is likely that it will sport new LED taillamps as well as a reworked bumper. There are no details yet of the technical specifications for the BMW X1 facelift, but it should continue to offer the same 2.0-litre diesel engine as the current gen X1. This motor produces 193PS and 400Nm.
Given the recent trend of manufacturers including BMW launching petrol-engined versions for their SUVs, a petrol option of the X1 facelift may be likely as well.
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India