Volvo XC40 rival 2019 BMW X1 facelift SUV spied testing in China
BMW is looking to bring a refresh to its compact premium SUV, the X1. Spy shots of the BMW X1 have surfaced. The images the X1 facelift show it partially camouflaged and undergoing testing in China. The timing of these spy shots is interesting as the X1's rival, the 2018 Volvo XC40 has just been launched in India at an attractive introductory price. In the spy images, we can see that the entire front fascia, as well as taillamps and rear bumper, have been covered in camouflage. This suggests that the 2019 X1 will only receive a mild refresh over its current iteration and now we also know the parts that will be facelifted. The second generation BMW X1 currently on sale was launched two years ago.
In the face of growing competition in its segment, BMW would be well-advised to give its Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV), as the company calls the X1, an update. It is not yet clear when the X1 would be officially revealed globally, but it is expected to be around the end of 2019 or early in 2019. The global launch will follow, and subsequently its launch in India.The spy shots also show the test mule to be sporting a new alloy wheel design and we expect these to make their way to the production vehicle.
The rear will receive more comprehensive updates and it is likely that it will sport new LED taillamps as well as a reworked bumper. There are no details yet of the technical specifications for the BMW X1 facelift, but it should continue to offer the same 2.0-litre diesel engine as the current gen X1. This motor produces 193PS and 400Nm.
Given the recent trend of manufacturers including BMW launching petrol-engined versions for their SUVs, a petrol option of the X1 facelift may be likely as well.
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Santolino Lorenzo dominates Moto category
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 2
- NewsBrabus makes a 600PS Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S SUV
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled