Volvo XC40 SUV to be launched in India on July 4
We have already reported that Volvo will launch the XC40 SUV in the single R-Design trim and might consider bringing other variants of the SUV at a later date. The Volvo XC40 R-Design comes equipped with a panoramic sunroof, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging, keyless entry, hill start assist and descent control, power tailgate, active turning lights and Harman Kardon entertainment system. However, the highlight of the upcoming Volvo XC40 will be its radar based driving and safety systems such as adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation along with pilot and lane assist and city safety with pedestrian, cyclist and large animal detection. Interestingly, all these features are not offered even as an option in the Volvo XC40's German rivals - the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The Volvo XC40 offers a sure-footed and planted feel at high speeds, while feel and feedback from the steering wheel is good, which adds to its likeable manners
Internationally, the Volvo XC40 comes with petrol T5 and diesel D4 engines. Both being four-cylinder turbocharged units mated to 8-speed Aisin automatics, which are found in other Volvo models as well. The one that will be launched in India will be powered by a 2-litre diesel that makes 190PS and generates 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed Aisin automatic. The Volvo XC40 has an unladen ground clearance of 211mm. More on the Volvo XC40 in our first drive review.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise