Volvo XC40 SUV to be launched in India on July 4
We have already reported that Volvo will launch the XC40 SUV in the single R-Design trim and might consider bringing other variants of the SUV at a later date. The Volvo XC40 R-Design comes equipped with a panoramic sunroof, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging, keyless entry, hill start assist and descent control, power tailgate, active turning lights and Harman Kardon entertainment system. However, the highlight of the upcoming Volvo XC40 will be its radar based driving and safety systems such as adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation along with pilot and lane assist and city safety with pedestrian, cyclist and large animal detection. Interestingly, all these features are not offered even as an option in the Volvo XC40's German rivals - the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The Volvo XC40 offers a sure-footed and planted feel at high speeds, while feel and feedback from the steering wheel is good, which adds to its likeable manners
Internationally, the Volvo XC40 comes with petrol T5 and diesel D4 engines. Both being four-cylinder turbocharged units mated to 8-speed Aisin automatics, which are found in other Volvo models as well. The one that will be launched in India will be powered by a 2-litre diesel that makes 190PS and generates 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed Aisin automatic. The Volvo XC40 has an unladen ground clearance of 211mm. More on the Volvo XC40 in our first drive review.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...