Volvo XC40 SUV will now come with three new engine options internationally
Volvo Cars have announced three new entry-level engine options for the XC40 in the UK market. These will be two petrol motors and one diesel engine.
This first version will be called the Volvo XC40 T3 and will put out 156PS and 235 Nm via a 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol. This will be available with only a six-speed manual and gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 9.4s. The other petrol motor is the T4. This is powered by a 2.0-liter turbo petrol which makes 190PS and gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 8.2s. An eight-speed auto is the only transmission option.
The third engine option is a diesel. This bears the D3 moniker and is available as a front-wheel-drive manual or an auto with front or four-wheel drive. The 2.0-litre motor in this one puts out 150PS and 320 Nm. The run to 100 kmph comes up in 8.2s.
The Volvo XC40 compact SUV is based on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform that has its origins in China, thanks to Geely which now owns Volvo Cars. CMA is a more cost-effective platform for emerging markets, as against the SPA platform which underpins larger Volvo offerings. The Volvo XC40 sticks close to the 40.1 Concept showcased last year and you can clearly see the family motifs like the Thor's Hammer DRLs as well as the overall styling. The XC40 borrows design cues from both its larger siblings, the XC60 and the XC90.
Prices for the Indian-spec Volvo XC40 starts at Rs 39.9 lakh for the D4 Momentum, going up to Rs 42.9 lakh for the R-Design and Rs 43.9 lakh for the Inscription. All cars are powered by the same 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor good for 190PS and 400Nm, mated to an eight-speed automatic. These new engine options make a lot of sense for the Indian-market. This will lower the entry price for the popular SUV while still keeping the USPs of this car like the unique looks and good features list intact.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh