Volvo XC40 T4 petrol SUV to launch in India at Rs 39.9 lakh, will be BSVI compliant
Volvo Cars India will launch a new engine option for its XC40 SUV in India soon at Rs 39.9 lakh, ex-showroom. The new model is termed the Volvo XC40 T4 and will come with a BSVI compliant 2.0-litre petrol motor. This engine option will be available in the mid-spec R-Design trim level.
The 1,969cc petrol motor puts out 190PS and 300Nm. It comes paired with an Aisin eight-speed torque convertor automatic and is only available in a front-wheel drive configuration. The XC40, equipped as such, is capable of getting from 0 to 100kmph in 8.4s and on to a 210kmph top speed. The R-Design trim level will be available in this version, and adds unique design touches. These come in the form of gloss black bits on the front grille, the roof and the door mirrors. There is also a charcoal entire trim option with aluminium highlights, R-Design seats, gear shifter and steering wheel, and an option of contrasting carpeting to go with the Nappa leather/Nubuck textile upholstery.
The XC40 is currently available in India with the D4 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor with 190PS and 400Nm. Two trims are available; the Momentum at Rs 39.9 lakh and the Inscription at Rs 43.9 lakh. The R-Design trims sits between these two.
Watch our Volvo XC40 vs BMW X1 comparison test below
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
- NewsToyota establishes R&D joint venture to accelerate fuel cell technology
- NewsToyota India hikes prices of all models, including Vellfire and Camry Hybrid
- News20,000th Bentley Bentayga rolled out from the Crewe production facility in UK
- NewsMaruti Suzuki has sold more than 1 lakh CNG vehicles in FY 2019-20
- NewsKawasaki USA issues a recall regarding ECU error