Volvo XC40 to be launched in India in the R-Design trim only
Volvo is gearing up to launch its youngest and the most anticipated SUV, the XC40 in India which is scheduled to take place in July this year. Volvo dealerships in the country have already started accepting bookings for the SUV in India and we believe the deliveries of the same will begin by the end of July. Volvo will launch the XC40 in India in the fully-loaded R-Design trim only. The brand might consider bringing other variants of the XC40 in India, but no confirmation on that.
The Volvo gets Volvo's signature face including the rectangular grille that houses the brand's famed 'iron logo', as also the 'Thor's Hammer's LED daytime running lamps that are now a Volvo design trait
Unlike other car manufacturers that have a range of trims to choose from, Volvo has always been specific in the trims on offer in India. Be it the flagship Volvo XC90 SUV or even the S90 sedan, all these new-age offerings were launched in single trim and then other variants were added in due course of time. The Volvo XC40 R-Design comes equipped with a panoramic sunroof, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging, keyless entry, hill start assist and descent control, power tailgate, active turning lights and Harman Kardon entertainment system,
However, the highlight of the upcoming Volvo XC40 will be its radar based driving and safety systems such as adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation along with pilot and lane assist and city safety with pedestrian, cyclist and large animal detection. Interestingly, all these features are not offered even as an option in the Volvo XC40's German rivals - the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The rear end looks fresh and distinctive, yet typical of Volvos, particularly thanks to the tail lamp design
Internationally, the Volvo XC40 comes with petrol T5 and diesel D4 engines. Both being four-cylinder turbocharged units mated to 8-speed Aisin automatics, which are found in other Volvo models as well. The one that will be launched in India will be powered by a 2-litre diesel that makes 190PS and generates 400Nm, mated to an 8-speed Aisin automatic. The Volvo XC40 has an unladen ground clearance of 211mm. More on the Volvo XC40 in our first drive review.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77.41 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise