Volvo XC40, XC60 get global sales up 12.2 per cent in April
Volvo cars released their sales numbers for April 2018 and it has reported a year-on-year sales increase of 12.2 per cent. The company states that the total sales for the month stood at 52,635 cars compared to 46,895 a year earlier. The models that contributed to this sales growth are primarily the Volvo XC40 as well as the 90-series cars, V90 and the S90.
We believe the Volvo XC50 will be priced between Rs 35-40 lakh, when launched in India
The company added that in the first four months of 2018, sales amounted to 200,042 cars, up 13.6 per cent compared to the same period last year. The Swedish car maker's largest market is China that saw a sales increase by 20.2 per cent, a result of the strong demand for the locally produced XC60 SUV and the S90 sedan. The total sales for the April reached 10,442 cars, up from 8,687 cars a year ago. The sales in Europe stood at 26,360 cars in April, reporting an increase of 3.1 per cent compared to the same with last year.The US market continued doing well in April, growing by 17.0 per cent compared with the same month last year to 8,333 cars after strong sales of Volvo's SUV line-up.
The Volvo XC40 is expected to arrive in India this year. The XC40 is an important new model for Volvo; it is not just their first compact SUV but also the first car to be built on an all-new platform, the CMA (Compact Modular Architecture). It offers the best of Volvo's SUV styling and presence with a smaller footprint. The Swedish carmaker is known for pricing its cars competitively in India and we expect the same with the XC40 as well. Our guess is a price range between Rs 35-40 lakh. At this price point, Volvo should surely have a potential winner on its hands.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019