VW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
The second day of the first round of the 2018 Volkswagen Ameo Cup was an eventful one. The highlights of the second race of the weekend were the nose-to-tail racing, the constant skirmishes between drivers because of this, and cars toppling over when things got out of hand. Dhruv Mohite continued his good run from yesterday winning this event as well.
The race started with the top eight winners from the last race starting in a reversed position. This put Shivani Pruthvi on pole. She was joined on the first row by Akshay Bhivshet, followed by Shubhomoy Ball and Affan Sadat Safwan Islam from Bangladesh rounding off the top four.
Dhruv quickly managed to get past the other drivers and was leading the race lap 4 onwards. But the situation got interesting from lap 6. Manoj Yadamdala's car turned over while negotiating a long hairpin bend, causing a red flag and a restart.
Meanwhile, a tough battle for second place also ensued between Affan and Sourav. Affan, one of three drivers from Bangladesh, eventually managed to get the position. Sourav also had to fight his way up from sixth position to win third place.
Dhruv however managed to get a good feel of his car, winning the race without incident even though the safety car was called on to deal with another incident involving a car running into the gravel trap.
The Ameo Cup now moves to Chennai for its second round at Madras Motor Race Track in July.
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350