Watch live coverage of launch of Mercedes-Benz GLC in India
Mercedes-Benz is launching its new mid-range SUV, the GLC, today. Seated between Mercedes-Benz's entry-level SUV, the GLA, and the more premium GLE, the GLC is aimed at taking on the likes of other premium mid-range SUVs like the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60.
The GLC comes in two engine options a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol burner producing 245PS and 370Nm of torque, and a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine which makes 170PS and 400Nm of torque. Power is channeled to all four wheels via a 9-speed automatic transmission. This is good for a 0-100kmph time of 8.3 seconds in the diesel and an impressive 6.5 seconds in the petrol. The GLC is expected to be priced at around Rs 50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), slotted right between the GLA and the GLE. In our first drive review, we found the driving dynamics reminiscent to that of a sedan very impressive for an SUV.
You can watch the live launch of the Mercedes-Benz GLC below.
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesBean counters: Observations from the 2018 Rally of Chikmagalur
- NewsINRC 2019: Champions Group announced as new promoters for national rally championship beginning 2019
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range