Watch Omar Abdullah and Abhay Deol drifting at OVERDRIVE's Winter Drive
We at OVERDRIVE are easily bored without a challenge. So when things were going smoothly, issues were getting closed on time and V8-powered race cars were easily tamed on race tracks, we started dreaming of snow. Why? Because in snow there is no traction, no control. It's a slippery slope that most sensible people will warn you against.
That, in a nut-shell. is the logic behind why we decided to go on the 2014 Winter Drive to Gulmarg. Dangerous terrain, snow-covered roads, any speed beyond 5kmph could spell disaster, and braking meant going on a long sideway drift that you had little control on. These are excellent conditions to test our driving skills and more importantly to scratch that crazy itch.
Support extended from Mercedes-Benz India and Kashmir's uber luxurious Khyber Resort and Spa set the wheels in motion and we reached Gulmarg on January 17.
The third day was even more epic. After a Prinoth Husky worked all night to undo all the havoc we had wreaked on the golf course on Day 2, we were back at it again. Joining us was the flamboyant Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who made quite an entrance on a snow mobile. The man not only knows his automobiles well, he also knows how to put them to the right use!
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh