We leave for Mongolia to ride alongside Team India at the BMW International GS Trophy 2018
It's T minus five hours till we board our flight en-route the 2018 edition of the BMW International GS Trophy. Overdrive has got a ringside seat to the action as we embed ourselves to ride with Team India and be part of the adventure. The International GS Trophy kicks off in Ulaanbaatar on the 3rd of June 2018 with teams from across the world eyeing the trophy.
If the GS Trophy qualifiers were anything to go by, the week long competition in the Mongolian outback is bound to be an adventure that will push motorcycles and teams to their limits. Some of the challenges will includes pushing the R1200GS over a broken bridge, riding through deep sand, and crossing stony river beds and tree trunks. There will also be technical challenges and trivia to add to the excitement.
Sanket Shanbhag (L), Winston Lee © and Suprej Venkat (L) delighted to have found all of their navigation waypoints
India in it's first appearance at the GS trophy has a determined and dedicated team comprising of Suprej Venkat from Coimbatore, Sanket Shanbhag from Satara and Winston Lee from Mumbai. The trio has spent weeks mastering their R1200GS motorcycles and training for the endurance events. With Team India all set to challenge the old guard and with Mongolia as a backdrop, the next week will be nothing short of spectacular.
From L to R Suprej's R1200GS A, Sanket's R1200GS Rallye, Joshua's R1200GS, and Lee's R1200GS at Wild River proving grounds
To stay abreast with Team India's progress and to get latest updates from Mongolia, you can follow the International GS trophy 2018 here
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show