WEC: Fernando Alonso tops FP1 at Spa-Francorchamps
Fernando Alonso's sportscar racing campaign has gotten off to a good start. The McLaren driver, who is currently piloting a Toyota LMP1 machine at the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the season-opening round of the World Endurance Championship, has set the fastest time in the first practice session.
Fernando Alonso set the fastest time in FP1 at the 2018 WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
Alonso's first official laps in the No.8 TS050 Hybrid were in FP1, and he ended the session with a timing of 1min 58.392sec, which remained unbeaten till the end of the session.
It was a one-two finish for the Japanese racing team, with team-mate Mike Conway finishing 0.237 seconds adrift of the Spaniard in the No.7 TS050. The third-fastest time in the session went to Rebellion Racing who clocked a time that was 0.457 seconds adrift of the leader. It also helped establish them as the fastest privateer team in the LMP1 class.
DragonSpeed set the fourth-fastest time, with Ben Hanley behind the wheel, while the second Rebellion Racing car set the fifth fastest time. ByKolles ended sixth, with SMP Racing seventh-fastest.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire