WEC: Fernando Alonso tops FP1 at Spa-Francorchamps
Fernando Alonso's sportscar racing campaign has gotten off to a good start. The McLaren driver, who is currently piloting a Toyota LMP1 machine at the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the season-opening round of the World Endurance Championship, has set the fastest time in the first practice session.
Fernando Alonso set the fastest time in FP1 at the 2018 WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
Alonso's first official laps in the No.8 TS050 Hybrid were in FP1, and he ended the session with a timing of 1min 58.392sec, which remained unbeaten till the end of the session.
It was a one-two finish for the Japanese racing team, with team-mate Mike Conway finishing 0.237 seconds adrift of the Spaniard in the No.7 TS050. The third-fastest time in the session went to Rebellion Racing who clocked a time that was 0.457 seconds adrift of the leader. It also helped establish them as the fastest privateer team in the LMP1 class.
DragonSpeed set the fourth-fastest time, with Ben Hanley behind the wheel, while the second Rebellion Racing car set the fifth fastest time. ByKolles ended sixth, with SMP Racing seventh-fastest.
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!