What to expect from the 2016 Ford Endeavour in India
Ford is all set to bring back the Endeavour badge to India in January, 2016. This time, they will offer two engines and two transmissions to choose from. The smaller 2.2-litre unit puts out 160PS of power and 385Nm of torque, and can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. The larger engine displaces 3.2 litres and makes 200PS and 470Nm. However, this one will only come mated to a 6-speed automatic.
The 2.2-litre engine with the manual transmission is offered in both 4x2 and 4x4 variants, while the one with the automatic will be sold only as a 4x2. The 3.2-litre engine, however, is offered only in 4x4 configuration. All 4x4 variants though will get Ford's Terrain Management System with four modes Sand, Snow, Mud and Rock.
Ford has packed the Endeavour with quite a bit of tech to add to its appeal. It gets a powered tailgate, electronically folding third row seats, active noise cancellation, a touchscreen infotainment system and semi-automatic parallel park assist. In the safety department, the Ford Endeavour will get Ford's MyKey, seven airbags, hill-assist, hill descent control, ESP, traction control and ABS with EBD.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Ford Endeavour:
Starts Rs 28.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020