What to expect from the 2016 Ford Endeavour in India
Ford is all set to bring back the Endeavour badge to India in January, 2016. This time, they will offer two engines and two transmissions to choose from. The smaller 2.2-litre unit puts out 160PS of power and 385Nm of torque, and can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. The larger engine displaces 3.2 litres and makes 200PS and 470Nm. However, this one will only come mated to a 6-speed automatic.
The 2.2-litre engine with the manual transmission is offered in both 4x2 and 4x4 variants, while the one with the automatic will be sold only as a 4x2. The 3.2-litre engine, however, is offered only in 4x4 configuration. All 4x4 variants though will get Ford's Terrain Management System with four modes Sand, Snow, Mud and Rock.
Ford has packed the Endeavour with quite a bit of tech to add to its appeal. It gets a powered tailgate, electronically folding third row seats, active noise cancellation, a touchscreen infotainment system and semi-automatic parallel park assist. In the safety department, the Ford Endeavour will get Ford's MyKey, seven airbags, hill-assist, hill descent control, ESP, traction control and ABS with EBD.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Ford Endeavour:
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
- News2020 Volvo XC40 now available with benefits of up to Rs 4 lakh
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood