What to expect from the 2016 Ford Endeavour in India
Ford is all set to bring back the Endeavour badge to India in January, 2016. This time, they will offer two engines and two transmissions to choose from. The smaller 2.2-litre unit puts out 160PS of power and 385Nm of torque, and can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. The larger engine displaces 3.2 litres and makes 200PS and 470Nm. However, this one will only come mated to a 6-speed automatic.
The 2.2-litre engine with the manual transmission is offered in both 4x2 and 4x4 variants, while the one with the automatic will be sold only as a 4x2. The 3.2-litre engine, however, is offered only in 4x4 configuration. All 4x4 variants though will get Ford's Terrain Management System with four modes Sand, Snow, Mud and Rock.
Ford has packed the Endeavour with quite a bit of tech to add to its appeal. It gets a powered tailgate, electronically folding third row seats, active noise cancellation, a touchscreen infotainment system and semi-automatic parallel park assist. In the safety department, the Ford Endeavour will get Ford's MyKey, seven airbags, hill-assist, hill descent control, ESP, traction control and ABS with EBD.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Ford Endeavour:
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India