What to expect from the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV - Unveiling June 20
Kia has given out the interior sketches of the SP2i that is scheduled to be unveiled in India on June 20. By the looks of it, the Kia SP2i, which we've been calling the Hyundai Creta's cousin gets a different layout for the dashboard. The centre stage is taken by a 10.25-inch touch screen infotainment system, with air ducts right underneath. We can surely expect Kia to equip the infotainment system with their own cell phone connected operating system along with Android Auto and Apple Car Play to. Though the instrument cluster remains a twin pod design with a multi-information display in the middle.
The lower half of the dashboard houses an automatic climate control with a grab handle for the front passenger. The sketches give away that the compact SUV will come with an automatic transmission, however, it is too soon to say if it will be a dual-clutch or a torque converter unit.
Other features we can observe are the steering mounted controls, electronic parking brake, engine start-stop button and switches that could control different driving modes and traction control. The KIA SP2i will come with multicoloured ambient lights as well.
Byung Chul Juh, Head of Kia Styling at Kia Motors Corporation, comments: "We have focused on designing a cabin unlike any other in the mid-SUV segment, with a greater sense of depth and richness to the design. Our newest model will offer greater pleasure and satisfaction to our customers, with a premium-quality interior that benefits from sophisticated design details."
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055