World Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
Imagine three-time World Superbike (WSBK) champion Troy Bayliss and MotoGP Champions Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso going at it to see who is the quickest on a Ducati. Come July 21, and you won't need to imagine. The trio will be among 12 Ducati racing legends from the past and present who will participate in the Race of Champions at the upcoming World Ducati Week. OVERDRIVE will be there too, so expect to see live updates from the venue at Misano, Italy. The riders will be racing astride a specially-tuned 2018 Ducati Panigale V4 S limited edition.
Given Lorenzo's recent form in the ongoing MotoGP, it would be hard not to put him up as the favourite in the Race of Champions
This could be the last time we see Lorenzo at a Ducati event, as the five-time MotoGP Champion has signed on to Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) as a Repsol Honda rider for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. Other riders at the Race of Champions include Danilo Petrucci, Jack Miller, Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri.
And this is no half-hearted promotional event - Ducati promises that the race will be a competition right from the free practice to the podium. Ducati will also select a limited number WDW visitors to experience the starting grid. The race will also be preceded by an air show by the Italian Frecce Tricolori (Tricolour Arrows) aerobatics team.
Starts Rs 14,57,000
- News2019 Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition to be launched at Rs 5.17 lakh
- News2020 Tata Tigor facelift spotted testing again
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal