World Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
Imagine three-time World Superbike (WSBK) champion Troy Bayliss and MotoGP Champions Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso going at it to see who is the quickest on a Ducati. Come July 21, and you won't need to imagine. The trio will be among 12 Ducati racing legends from the past and present who will participate in the Race of Champions at the upcoming World Ducati Week. OVERDRIVE will be there too, so expect to see live updates from the venue at Misano, Italy. The riders will be racing astride a specially-tuned 2018 Ducati Panigale V4 S limited edition.
Given Lorenzo's recent form in the ongoing MotoGP, it would be hard not to put him up as the favourite in the Race of Champions
This could be the last time we see Lorenzo at a Ducati event, as the five-time MotoGP Champion has signed on to Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) as a Repsol Honda rider for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. Other riders at the Race of Champions include Danilo Petrucci, Jack Miller, Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri.
And this is no half-hearted promotional event - Ducati promises that the race will be a competition right from the free practice to the podium. Ducati will also select a limited number WDW visitors to experience the starting grid. The race will also be preceded by an air show by the Italian Frecce Tricolori (Tricolour Arrows) aerobatics team.
Starts Rs 14,53,000
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300