World Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
Imagine three-time World Superbike (WSBK) champion Troy Bayliss and MotoGP Champions Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso going at it to see who is the quickest on a Ducati. Come July 21, and you won't need to imagine. The trio will be among 12 Ducati racing legends from the past and present who will participate in the Race of Champions at the upcoming World Ducati Week. OVERDRIVE will be there too, so expect to see live updates from the venue at Misano, Italy. The riders will be racing astride a specially-tuned 2018 Ducati Panigale V4 S limited edition.
Given Lorenzo's recent form in the ongoing MotoGP, it would be hard not to put him up as the favourite in the Race of Champions
This could be the last time we see Lorenzo at a Ducati event, as the five-time MotoGP Champion has signed on to Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) as a Repsol Honda rider for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. Other riders at the Race of Champions include Danilo Petrucci, Jack Miller, Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri.
And this is no half-hearted promotional event - Ducati promises that the race will be a competition right from the free practice to the podium. Ducati will also select a limited number WDW visitors to experience the starting grid. The race will also be preceded by an air show by the Italian Frecce Tricolori (Tricolour Arrows) aerobatics team.
Starts Rs 15,30,000
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block