World exclusive: 2016 Toyota Fortuner spied testing
We all know that the new Fortuner and Innova will be out in 2016. While there was talk of Toyota bringing in the Fortuner facelift at the expo, the Japanese carmaker did not really come through. But it looks like Toyota's plans are still on and we have just stumbled upon images of the new Fortuner being tested. OVERDRIVE reader Sean Parmeshwar caught this SUV testing in Thailand.
The all-new Toyota sports what seem like wraparound tail lamps and a car like window rake
While details of the new Fortuner are scarce at the moment, we do know that it will be based on the Toyota New Global Architecture or TNGA platform. This platform will also be the basis for the new Innova as well as the Hilux pickup. Toyota will stick with the ladder-frame setup with TNGA, which has augmented the durability and ruggedness that the Fortuner is already associated with.
The new Fortuner is expected to have a larger footprint
From the images, we can guess that the all-new Toyota Fortuner has what seem like wraparound tail lamps and a car like window rake. Sean further tells us that the headlamps seemed wider but sleeker too. The new Fortuner is expected to have a larger footprint.
Toyota may give the 3.0l diesel engine a power update from the current 171PS. The SUV will also get updated interiors and the usual 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions with two-wheel and four-wheel drive options.
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally