World exclusive: 2016 Toyota Fortuner spied testing
We all know that the new Fortuner and Innova will be out in 2016. While there was talk of Toyota bringing in the Fortuner facelift at the expo, the Japanese carmaker did not really come through. But it looks like Toyota's plans are still on and we have just stumbled upon images of the new Fortuner being tested. OVERDRIVE reader Sean Parmeshwar caught this SUV testing in Thailand.
The all-new Toyota sports what seem like wraparound tail lamps and a car like window rake
While details of the new Fortuner are scarce at the moment, we do know that it will be based on the Toyota New Global Architecture or TNGA platform. This platform will also be the basis for the new Innova as well as the Hilux pickup. Toyota will stick with the ladder-frame setup with TNGA, which has augmented the durability and ruggedness that the Fortuner is already associated with.
The new Fortuner is expected to have a larger footprint
From the images, we can guess that the all-new Toyota Fortuner has what seem like wraparound tail lamps and a car like window rake. Sean further tells us that the headlamps seemed wider but sleeker too. The new Fortuner is expected to have a larger footprint.
Toyota may give the 3.0l diesel engine a power update from the current 171PS. The SUV will also get updated interiors and the usual 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions with two-wheel and four-wheel drive options.
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench