World's costliest number plate for sale at Rs 132 crore
Customised number plates in regions where they are allowed are as much a show of the vehicle owner's enthusiasm as they are a mark of individuality. And while there are some vehicle registration plates that are much sought after, this is possibly the most sought-after vehicle registration plate of them all. And it will cost you a whopping Rs 132 crore! The number plate reading 'F1' has been put on sale in the UK by its current owner Afzal Kahn. Kahn is the owner of UK-based Kahn Design, and uses the number plate for his Bugatti Veyron.
Kahn had himself purchased this number plate for a tenth of the price at Rs 10.52 crore earlier this year. And to precise, he is selling it for Rs 110 crore, while the remaining amount includes 20 per cent VAT as well as transfer fee. Number plates can be purchased by vehicle owners and hence they are free to put them on sale or auction them off. The 'F1' number plate is on sale on Regtransfers, a leading supplier of number plates in the UK.
Other users of the website include footballers David Beckham, and Wayne Rooney, as well as other celebrities. So far the most expensive number sold in the UK was 'D5' to Balwiner Sahani at Rs 67 crore. The number plate '1' was similarly sold for Rs 66 crore in 2008.
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range