World's costliest number plate for sale at Rs 132 crore
Customised number plates in regions where they are allowed are as much a show of the vehicle owner's enthusiasm as they are a mark of individuality. And while there are some vehicle registration plates that are much sought after, this is possibly the most sought-after vehicle registration plate of them all. And it will cost you a whopping Rs 132 crore! The number plate reading 'F1' has been put on sale in the UK by its current owner Afzal Kahn. Kahn is the owner of UK-based Kahn Design, and uses the number plate for his Bugatti Veyron.
Kahn had himself purchased this number plate for a tenth of the price at Rs 10.52 crore earlier this year. And to precise, he is selling it for Rs 110 crore, while the remaining amount includes 20 per cent VAT as well as transfer fee. Number plates can be purchased by vehicle owners and hence they are free to put them on sale or auction them off. The 'F1' number plate is on sale on Regtransfers, a leading supplier of number plates in the UK.
Other users of the website include footballers David Beckham, and Wayne Rooney, as well as other celebrities. So far the most expensive number sold in the UK was 'D5' to Balwiner Sahani at Rs 67 crore. The number plate '1' was similarly sold for Rs 66 crore in 2008.
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000