WRC 2018: Gaurav Gill's Team MRF M-Sport Fiesta R5 finally unveiled
Team MRF has finally revealed their new M-Sport Fiesta R5, which Gaurav Gill will pilot at the 2018 Rally Italia Sardegna. The red and white livery of the Indian tyre manufacturer (who have 9 APRC titles to their credit), that we've seen so far on the machines that they have fielded in the APRC, has made its way onto the Fiesta R5 too. The machine is, of course, a non-priority R5 entry at the event.
Glenn Macneall and Gaurav Gill with their Team MRF M-Sport Fiesta R5
Gaurav Gill will drive the Team MRF M-Sport Fiesta R5, co-driven by Glenn Macneall, who was by his side when he won two of his three APRC titles, and who is something of an old hand at the WRC, having competed in as many as 100 WRC events.
"It is a huge honour for me to represent Team MRF at World Rally Championship level," Gill said. "MRF tyres has evolved a lot over the years and being the best tyre manufacturer in the region, WRC is best platform to showcase the product development. To achieve what no Indian tyre manufacturer has ever done before and compete in what it is considered to be the most difficult motorsport championship in the world, is a huge achievement."
The Team MRF M-Sport Fiesta R5 that Gill will pilot at Rally Italia Sardegna
The Team MRF Fiesta R5 will be run by WRC title winners, M-Sport, and is one of the four cars they will service at Sardegna, alongside the three works WRC cars. After Sardegna, Team MRF will compete in the Neste Rally Finland, Dayinsure Wales Rally GB, and Kennards Hire Rally Australia.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launch in India
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani