Yamaha announces 400KW solar power project at Surajpur in support of Green India Mission
Motorcycle manufacturer India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. (IYM) has announced a 4000KW solar power project. The company aims to support the government's Green India Mission with this initiative. IYM will setup the project at their plant in Surajpur, Uttar Pradesh and plans to equip its other two plants at Faridabad and Chennai with the technology soon.
In its aim to minimize the environmental impact of its activities, IYM has come into partnership with Amplus Solar to set up the solar power system that will supply electrical energy for manufacturing operations at their plant. The company initiative projects savings of upto 10,20,000 barrels of crude oil and reducing 138,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
The initiative is in its initial phase right now. The roofs of the Surajpur plant have been utilised to install the solar panels, the panels are cited to cover the parking areas of the premises soon. The entire installation will be completed by April 2016.
IYM has also eliminated use of any environmentally hazardous substances from its products. The company is now certified under Environment Management System ISO 14001:2004 and Occupational and Health Management system OHSAS 18001:2007.
Hiroaki Fujita, chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies on the inauguration of the project said, "With this initiative, Yamaha has led the way towards Green Manufacturing and demonstrated the much needed balance between economy and nature. We have always believed in investing in environment friendly technologies. This project reinstates our commitment towards the objective of energy conservation and support the country's Green India Mission."
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased