Yamaha announces 400KW solar power project at Surajpur in support of Green India Mission
Motorcycle manufacturer India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. (IYM) has announced a 4000KW solar power project. The company aims to support the government's Green India Mission with this initiative. IYM will setup the project at their plant in Surajpur, Uttar Pradesh and plans to equip its other two plants at Faridabad and Chennai with the technology soon.
In its aim to minimize the environmental impact of its activities, IYM has come into partnership with Amplus Solar to set up the solar power system that will supply electrical energy for manufacturing operations at their plant. The company initiative projects savings of upto 10,20,000 barrels of crude oil and reducing 138,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
The initiative is in its initial phase right now. The roofs of the Surajpur plant have been utilised to install the solar panels, the panels are cited to cover the parking areas of the premises soon. The entire installation will be completed by April 2016.
IYM has also eliminated use of any environmentally hazardous substances from its products. The company is now certified under Environment Management System ISO 14001:2004 and Occupational and Health Management system OHSAS 18001:2007.
Hiroaki Fujita, chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies on the inauguration of the project said, "With this initiative, Yamaha has led the way towards Green Manufacturing and demonstrated the much needed balance between economy and nature. We have always believed in investing in environment friendly technologies. This project reinstates our commitment towards the objective of energy conservation and support the country's Green India Mission."
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907