Yamaha Fascino and Saluto win India Design Mark certification
Yamaha Motor India Pvt Ltd has announced that its Fascino scooter and Saluto motorcycle have received the India Design Mark (I Mark) certification from the India Design Council. Yamaha has received this certification for the fifth consecutive year. It first received the certification for the YZF-R15 2.0 in 2012 followed by the Ray in 2013, Ray Z in 2014, and the Alpha and FZ-S FI 2.0 in 2015.
The India Design Council is an autonomous body of the Government of India which has been established under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It comprises of eminent personalities from academia, design and industry organizations.
The India Design Mark has been initiated by the India Design Council in association with Japan Institute of Design Promotion. It symbolises excellence in form, function, quality, safety, sustainability and innovation. The symbol can be used by the manufacturer for promotions and advertisements.
Speaking on the occasion, Masaki Asano, managing director, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd said, Yamaha is committed towards youngsters and design plays a critical role in attracting them. This is the fifth consecutive year, since 2012, that Yamaha has been recognized for excellence in design and coming from India Design Mark makes it all the more special. Both, Fascino and Saluto have done extremely well in India, both for its design as well as performance. This India Design Mark certification is dedicated to everyone at Yamaha who constantly innovates and creates products in sync with the dynamic auto market."
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally