Yamaha Fascino and Saluto win India Design Mark certification
Yamaha Motor India Pvt Ltd has announced that its Fascino scooter and Saluto motorcycle have received the India Design Mark (I Mark) certification from the India Design Council. Yamaha has received this certification for the fifth consecutive year. It first received the certification for the YZF-R15 2.0 in 2012 followed by the Ray in 2013, Ray Z in 2014, and the Alpha and FZ-S FI 2.0 in 2015.
The India Design Council is an autonomous body of the Government of India which has been established under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It comprises of eminent personalities from academia, design and industry organizations.
The India Design Mark has been initiated by the India Design Council in association with Japan Institute of Design Promotion. It symbolises excellence in form, function, quality, safety, sustainability and innovation. The symbol can be used by the manufacturer for promotions and advertisements.
Speaking on the occasion, Masaki Asano, managing director, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd said, "Yamaha is committed towards youngsters and design plays a critical role in attracting them. This is the fifth consecutive year, since 2012, that Yamaha has been recognized for excellence in design and coming from India Design Mark makes it all the more special. Both, Fascino and Saluto have done extremely well in India, both for its design as well as performance. This India Design Mark certification is dedicated to everyone at Yamaha who constantly innovates and creates products in sync with the dynamic auto market."
Starts Rs 57,123
Starts Rs 50,817
- News2020 Corvette Stingray unveiled internationally - is all new in its C8 avatar
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross Concept showcased at Indonesia International Auto Show
- NewsSecond generation Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback spotted - India launch August 20
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Ishaan Dodhiwala picks up maiden ITC win
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Round 2 kicks off with Pratik Sonawane win in Ameo Cup