Yamaha Fascino and Saluto win India Design Mark certification
Yamaha Motor India Pvt Ltd has announced that its Fascino scooter and Saluto motorcycle have received the India Design Mark (I Mark) certification from the India Design Council. Yamaha has received this certification for the fifth consecutive year. It first received the certification for the YZF-R15 2.0 in 2012 followed by the Ray in 2013, Ray Z in 2014, and the Alpha and FZ-S FI 2.0 in 2015.
The India Design Council is an autonomous body of the Government of India which has been established under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It comprises of eminent personalities from academia, design and industry organizations.
The India Design Mark has been initiated by the India Design Council in association with Japan Institute of Design Promotion. It symbolises excellence in form, function, quality, safety, sustainability and innovation. The symbol can be used by the manufacturer for promotions and advertisements.
Speaking on the occasion, Masaki Asano, managing director, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd said, "Yamaha is committed towards youngsters and design plays a critical role in attracting them. This is the fifth consecutive year, since 2012, that Yamaha has been recognized for excellence in design and coming from India Design Mark makes it all the more special. Both, Fascino and Saluto have done extremely well in India, both for its design as well as performance. This India Design Mark certification is dedicated to everyone at Yamaha who constantly innovates and creates products in sync with the dynamic auto market."
Starts Rs 54,593
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,898
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review